** Time to Pack Tuesday Roll Call **

steffihope
on 6/27/11 2:17 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Well, here it is, after midnight on Tuesday morning.  I did not get done NEARLY what I needed to do to get Emily packed.  oops.  Se was gone most of the day - and I was busy with errands.  So it looks like that is what I will be doing all day.  Then in the evening we are having dinner with Emily's best friends family so they can say goodbye.

Larry has a viewing to attend.  If you heard anything about the 31 year old firefighter who took his own life the other day, Larry and his partner were first on the scene and were with him all the way through taking his body to the morgue.  I felt so bad for the entire family and the Fire Department and Paramedic Units as well.  Larry is holding up as well as can be expected.  He throws himself into his work and knows how to compartmentalize.  I have NO idea how he does it.  But, thankfully he does.

That is all I have for now.

Hope your Tuesday is NOT full of packing like mine is going to be!
Liz R.
on 6/27/11 8:24 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning  - So where is miss Emily off to?

I did hear about the Fire Fighter - so tragic. Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone involved.

I am at work today, going to be another crazy day I'm afraid. My salesperson is perpetually "overwhelmed" and anal retentive so it makes for a fun combination. At lunch I need to run out to the bank and get gas, after work stopping at the chiropractor then to my parents to get Mia and home. She had me up a few times last night so I am a bit sleepy today. hoping for a quick work day!
IdaMae D.
on 6/27/11 9:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Steffi & PA:

Our condolences to Larry and the Fire/rescue/EMT departments. 

Not much to do today.  Called and I'm excused from Jury Duty.  Don't feel like driving into work so I'll work from home. 

Have errands to run today, the washer broke on Sunday.  We were going to get it fixed then realized it's probably between 15 & 20 yrs old.  Going out looking for a new one.  Also need to call or stop in @ the granite place to give them part of the measurements they need for the master bath shower and pay for or make arrangements for the rest of the measurments to come after the tile work is completed.  The guys are going to be sheet rocking today and today begins the big dig up of our entire front lawn. 

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 6/27/11 9:36 pm
Good Morning Steffi and PA!

That is what is nice about summer vacation....you can do what you want when you want or in this case when you have to!! What a shame about that firefighter! He was doing something good and got punished for it! Don't get it???

Today is more organizing and throwing out of stuff! Putting away laundry and me time!! I am going to get some form of exercise in today! Dee is going to summer school and hubby is at work. YEAH!!

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 6/27/11 9:38 pm - Whitehall, PA
 well good morning all.  I saw this posting last night and was going to respond, but didn't b/c I needed to get out of the coupon mess I was in and get to bed.

I woke up to a ****ton of tiny little ants in the kitchen.. not sure what was up with that, but I was spraying Raid and sweeping and mopping the floor at 6:15 this morning.. yup, that's EXACTLY what I wanted to do first thing in the morning.. 

Today has me working til 3:30 per usual.  After work, I will either be going out to dinner with a friend or heading to the gym.  I'm not sure which until I hear from him.   I went to the library yesterday and got that book I was talking about yesterday and also an audio book I can listen to in the car when I am running around.  

Nothing else on my agenda today.  Have a great one everyone. 

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 6/27/11 11:38 pm
Those little ants are crazy! I've tried everything but here is what is working for me:

Wipe down counters with Clorox wipes twice a day (this kills any of them instantly)
Keep ALL food and dishes out of the sink and off the counters and wipe the sink with Clorox wipes or Soft Scrub with bleach every day.
Run the d/w every night even if it's not full. (I do a "light" wash so it's quicker and saves water).

What I have found with Raid is it just diverts their path a bit and they still find their way in. THe other night they just moved from the back of my counter top to the front. I don't like the chemicals anyway if I can avoid them. Last year they got INTO my dishwasher...yuck!

There is a kind of bug spray at Costco (forget the name of it but it comes in a gallon jug with a sprayer) and that seemed to work better than Raid. Also, if you are on a 1st floor, it helped to spray around the porch and foundation of the builiding. These things have huge colonies underground and when we kill them, we only kill a tiny fraction of what is there....but we can fight the good fight, right?

Anyway, this is keeping them pretty much at bay.
Lisa H.
on 6/27/11 11:55 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Thanks Lynn.. I am on the first floor.  I will do a good cleaning in the kitchen and call maintenance about taking care of the outside.  I'm sure not going to pay to spray the outside.. lol.. they have sent in exterminators for the annoying thousand leggers, but they don't work.  I guess/hope ants are easier.  

My tracker

hers 

Patricia R.
on 6/27/11 9:45 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Steffi and PA,
My condolences to the Fire Department/EMTs and Larry.  That is just awful.

Today is packed with tidying, AA meeting, and two appointments.  Tonight, I will be in front of the TV watching the Phillies/Red Sox game. 

Right now, I have to try to walk Utley again.  I took him downstairs to walk him and he snuck back upstairs on me.  I am annoyed as hell, because he does this all the time.

Have a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 6/27/11 10:17 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Steffi and everyone. Steffi, I read about that firefighter yesterday - OMG how tragic - I am sending prayers to Larry and his partner and everyone associated with that young man. It makes me so sad to think he was that devastated over the incident that he felt he couldn't bear it.

I'm at work - having a real sfvic this morning and enjoying every sip of it. Hubby convinced me that buying one McDonald's coffee a day isn't going to break the bank. He's a good man!

Not much on my agenda today - work, home, dinner, whatever. I'm in a major rut and not liking it one bit. I did get out last night and play in my flower beds a little while - dead-heading them and giving them a good long drink of water. I think tonight I'll go out and pull the nasty little weeds creeping through the mulch.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Cherish F.
on 6/27/11 11:04 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Morning -
Nothing much to report today. Have to head to Bed, Bath and BEYOND... at lunch time to grab some K Cups. Still haven't found a better deal than there with a coupon.

Straight home after work tonight. I started watching "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" last night on Netflix, and man does it stand up to the books. I hope the US version comes close, as I love Daniel Craig. Only made it about halfway through before I had to head to bed, so that is on my agenda for tonight.

Have a great day.
~ Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views